Melinda & I are Twitter friendly with the author. We were lucky enough to receive an ARC of this.
I, Daphne Fox, have a few things to confess:
1. I hate Nick Brady. Loathe. Abhor. Can’t stand him 95% of the time.
2. That other 5%? I’m not talking about that at all.
3. People think I’m lucky for surviving the car crash. I disagree.
4. Nick is the only guy who makes my nightmares go away.
5. I won’t love him, though. Love is not worth the pain.
I, Nick Brady, have a few confessions of my own:
1. I don’t hate Daphne Fox. At all.
2. I find her scar sexy. Just like the rest of her.
3. I may be her older brother’s best friend, but that’s not going to stop me.
4. I love her.
5. And I’m going to do everything I can to have her.
Here are our thoughts on the book:
This was a great follow up to Stay With Mrand one I’d been waiting for excitedly. Falling for the siblings friend is a romance trope I love and Patrick maneuvers it deftly here. Daphne managed to be both extremely strong willed and tender at the sand time. Strong willed enough that I think many will consider her a love her or hate her type heroine but I tend to love the bull headed a la Scarlett O’Hara type.
And oh Nick nick nick. What a hero. He has a bit of a bad boy past that comes through but just barely. Nick manages to be the best romance hero I love – the kind that makes almost no mistake. Don’t get me wrong, you need to read this book there is much, much more between the pages than I’m even coming close to mentioning but overall Nick f-ing Brady is juuust about perfect.
Vi- If you like the friends to lovers trope, if you like the sister falling in love with the best friend of her brother trope, then you will like this book.
Some of our favorite quotes :
“It’ll never work,” I say.
“It will,” Nick says. “Because, daphne,I’ve denied what I’ve wanted for a long time. I’ve waited – somewhat patiently and I’m done. I want you, and I’m not holding back anymore. Whatever it takes, I’m going to have you. ”
“I’m still me. A little dented, but me. And I’m not ever going to let anyone know what I keep inside.”
“Try not to Taylor Swift yourself and write angry songs about me. I know it will be hard.”
You do not have to read the first book, Stay With Me to understand this book.
Are you enticed yet? We are giving away 1 Kindle copy of this book. Comment to enter. Contest ends at midnight EST.
Check out our Facebook page for a chance to win a copy as well.
Connect with Elyssa Patrick: